Fundraising Event for “Food From the Bar”
Posted On April 29, 2019
Announcing a “Whodunnit” for Charity
This May, Oasis will host its 2nd annual Murder in the Manor event—an annual fundraising cocktail and networking event in support of local charities in major cities throughout the United States. This year, the fundraiser will be held on May 16th from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the historical and fascinating Mansion on O Street in Washington, D.C.’s Dupont Circle.
Murder in the Manor will attract hundreds of guests from not only the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia area but also guests from all over the country. Guests will be able to enjoy a one-hour open bar, appetizers, and entertainment while trying to solve a 1920s murder mystery.
Tickets can be purchased here for $75, or $125 for VIP access. VIPs are provided live roles in the murder mystery game with background information on their characters and access to the CloudNine Speakeasy.
All ticket proceeds from the event will directly benefit The Capital Area Food Bank (CAFB) and their 11th annual Food from the Bar campaign led by the legal community. The CAFB is the largest public, non-profit hunger and nutrition education resource in the Washington Metropolitan Area.
“I’m thrilled to be part of this fundraising event, not only to help raise money for such an important organization but also to increase awareness of CAFB among the community,” said Candace Beck in a recent press release. Candace is part of the CAFB’s Executive Committee for Food from the Bar Campaign and is also an event committee member for Murder in the Manor.
Candace also shared, “The CAFB services available are so important for those underserved in Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia and suffering from hunger. We thank Oasis for hosting the event and partnering with CAFB.”
Other members of the Murder in the Manor event committee include:
- Tracy Drynan, Senior Attorney at Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Tyler McGreevy, East Coast Regional Manager at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Martha Louks, Director of Technology Services at McDermott Will & Emery LLP
- Kelly Fisher, Associate at Koonz, McKenney, Johnson, DePaolis & Lightfoot, LLP
- Karen Kushner Creel, Sr. BD & Marketing Manager at Sidley Austin LLP
- Joy Murao, Founder and CEO at Practice Aligned Resources
- Sarah Gochenaur, Corporate Partnerships Specialist at Capital Area Food Bank
- Danielle Hagen, Senior Vice President, Communications at Nahigian Strategies
The event is sponsored by legal technology and service providers including:
You can purchase tickets and find more information about Murder in the Manor here.