Systems - eDiscovery Specialist - London
At Oasis, we procure, secure and maintain legal technology for corporate legal teams, law firms and the vendors that support them. Our unique Platform delivers a custom suite of software in a fully-managed private cloud, providing access to leading eDiscovery applications in world-class data centers, supported by a team of industry experts. Our employees are self-starters who value their ability to work remote, enjoy a casual work environment, and work with the latest technologies for a real opportunity to make a difference.
The Systems - eDiscovery Specialist is a member of the Oasis Technology Team as a remote employee (Telecommute). This position requires basic data manipulation skills related to data processing, load file creation and modification, TIFF generation, email handling and loose document processing. It is helpful to have some basic knowledge of networks, basic forensic data skills, and evidence handling knowledge. Microsoft Excel skills are also helpful. This position may require occasional work on nights and weekends. Travel is not mandatory for this position but may be required on occasion.
The Systems - eDiscovery Specialist also assists with support and maintenance of servers, storage systems, virtual machines, and eDiscovery applications. This individual will work alongside senior team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of network service outages and incidents.
The Systems - eDiscovery Specialist is a ‘hands-on role’ that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to learn and adapt to advancing technologies. The Systems Engineer - eDiscovery Specialist will be empowered during IT planning initiatives to ensure that best practices are incorporated into strategic IT plans and expectations are clearly defined.
This is a remote role (home based) with ideal candidates living in the London area. This role will require periodic visits to the corporate datacenter in Stockley Park (Heathrow Airport area).
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described herein.
The function of the role is composed of tactical, operational and strategic activities in support of the Information Technology initiatives, such as:
• Provide prompt, clear and timely communications of issues and resolution statuses to our internal clients
• Support for processing and hosting platforms such as Relativity, Law, Brainspace, Nuix, etc
• Troubleshooting basic issues related to Relativity front end like DtSearch, Analytics, Search Issue, load issues, user management, Persistent Highlight, Reports, Views, Layouts, field creations, etc
• Database migrations and upgrades.
• Setup and troubleshoot User Access including Two-Factor Authentication
• Learn the client-facing software applications and become knowledgeable with established processes and workflows
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must live within ~1 hour commute of Heathrow Airport
• Practical understanding of information technology concepts, protocols, best practices & strategies.
• The role will occasionally require the lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (servers, storage systems, network equipment, etc.) and some climbing on ladders (occasional inspection of cables in elevated tracks).
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have valid government-issued ID.
• Must qualify for and maintain data center access.
The Systems - eDiscovery Specialist must have the following:
• A desire and willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
• The ability to present ideas in user-friendly and non-technical language.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively within the IT organization, with co-workers, and business partners.
BENEFITS & WORK CONDITIONS
• Oasis offers an extensive array of benefits that help our employees improve their quality of life. The following benefits create added value to the work experience and make us a premier employer:
o 100% Telecommute position
o 401(k) with employer match
o Medical / Dental / Vision
o Educational reimbursement & Professional Training bonus program
o Paid Maternity & Paternity leave
o Flex schedule, and Flex days
o Home internet & mobile phone monthly allowance
• Fast-paced environment with the requirement for 99.9% systems uptime.
• Opportunity for mentorship and skills development from industry professionals in areas such as:
o Windows and Linux OS management
o DevOps and PowerShell Automation and scripting
o Cyber Security (Vulnerability scanning, Incident response, Threat Monitoring)
o Networking and Data Center Operations
o Enterprise Storage Systems (Isilon, Nimble)
o Virtualization management (Hyper-V, System Center, Docker))
o Data Analytics & Reporting
o Disaster Recovery
o Citrix Technology
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. [Please note that selected candidate will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.]