Make Your Mark with the Industry Leader
Our team is comprised of the most innovative and dynamic minds in eDiscovery, and we’re looking for more. Oasis is a 100% virtual company, built from the ground up to support a remote workforce. Which means you can work from home, with brilliant people, while gaining exposure to every facet of legal technology. Think you're up for the challenge? Tell us why today.
Current Position Available
The Systems Administrator reports to the Director of Information Technology and is a member of the Information Technology (IT) team. He or She assists IT team members with support, maintenance, and optimization of core network services, servers, storage systems, virtual machines, employee devices and other technology systems.
The Systems Administrator works alongside senior IT team members to provide logistical support, respond to queries, document changes and assist with testing, assessment, diagnosis and resolution of network service outages and incidents.
Under the supervision of the Director of IT and Senior staff, he or she maintains and monitors network systems and may configure devices, enables services or respond to end user requests for network status information. The Systems Administrator participates in informal and formal network learning opportunities and may travel on an as needed basis.
The Systems Administrator is a ‘hands-on role’ that requires an individual with a strong technical background, as well as an ability to learn and adapt to advancing technologies. The Systems Administrator will be empowered during IT planning initiatives to ensure that best practices are incorporated into strategic IT plans and expectations are clearly defined.
This is a remote role (home based) with ideal candidates living in the Las Vegas area. This role will require periodic visits to the Switch datacenter in Las Vegas.
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described herein.
The function of the role is composed of tactical, operational and strategic activities in support of the Information Technology initiatives, such as:
• Systems support
• Storage support
• Cyber Security support
• Operational support
• Data Center physical support (server installation, cabling, rack management, media handling)
• End-user Support (laptops, anti-virus, business applications, Windows 10)
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• A bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
• A working knowledge of major server operating systems, including but not limited to Linux and Windows Server versions.
• Working knowledge of computer networking and cabling infrastructure.
• Practical understanding of information technology concepts, protocols, industry best practices and strategies.
• The role will require the lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects (servers, storage systems, network equipment, etc.) and some climbing on ladders (occasional inspection of cables in elevated tracks).
• Responsibilities may occasionally require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must have valid government-issued ID.
• Must qualify for and maintain data center access.
• Participation in an on-call rotation is required.
The Systems Administrator must have the following:
• A desire and willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision and under own initiative.
• The ability to present ideas in user-friendly and non-technical language.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively within the IT organization, with co-workers, and business partners.
• Fast-paced environment with the requirement for 99.9% uptime.
• Great opportunity for professional growth and learning.
• Opportunity for mentorship and skills development from industry professionals in areas such as:
o Windows and Linux OS management
o DevOps and PowerShell Automation and scripting
o Cyber Security (Vulnerability scanning, Incident response, Threat Monitoring)
o Networking and Data Center Operations
o Enterprise Storage Systems (Isilon, Nimble)
o Virtualization management (Hyper-V, System Center, Docker)
o Data Analytics & Reporting
o Disaster Recovery (Zert0)
o Citrix Technology
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. [Please note that selected candidate will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.]